NEMS 1.4 Initial Bug Reports

Found something amiss in NEMS? Confirm first that you are running the latest version, and then post your bug report here.
Robbie Ferguson
Posting Freak

NEMS 1.4 Initial Bug Reports

Post by Robbie Ferguson »

Keep informed on the current status of any bugs:
NEMS 1.4 was released on June 10th. As is always the case with a major release, I expect bug reports to flow in for the first week or two as people experience the new system, and taper off as I issue patches.

NEMS 1.4 is a complete re-build of NEMS Linux. I did my best to ensure the img file was backward compatible and includes the features you expect, where you expect them. As a one-man programming crew, there's always a chance I missed something, though I've worked very hard to ensure the out of the box experience is as good as it can be.

NEMS is a self-updating distro. This means if a bug is reported, I can issue a patch, and update all NEMS servers with the fix. That means you do not have to re-install after a bug fix. Just be patient when you report an issue and I will do my best to address each bug quickly.

If you see a bug fix in the changelog that you believe you have not yet received, you may issue the following command to get all the current bug fixes: sudo nems-quickfix

Keep in mind that command is not required normally since it runs automatically every 24 hours. But it helps expedite patches during this busy initial time where I might issue 3 or 4 patches per day.

I tend to tackle usability bugs before minor bugs.

In the first 2 days of NEMS 1.4, there were only a few issues that cropped up, and they were patched promptly. I'm sure more issues will spring up as you tinker with NEMS and try things that I didn't think of during development.

Please create a new thread for each issue, but first check if anyone has already reported the issue and instead join the existing thread.

Thanks all! I hope you love NEMS 1.4!

Robbie
Robbie Ferguson // The Bald Nerd

Did I help you out? Appreciate what I do? Please consider saying thanks:
Robbie Ferguson
Posting Freak

RE: NEMS 1.4 Initial Bug Reports

Post by Robbie Ferguson »

NEMS 1.4 has been replaced with NEMS 1.5.
Robbie Ferguson // The Bald Nerd

Did I help you out? Appreciate what I do? Please consider saying thanks: