Github queries

Found something amiss in NEMS? Confirm first that you are running the latest version, and then post your bug report here.
Robbie Ferguson
Posting Freak

RE: Github queries

Post by Robbie Ferguson »

Hmm... that's odd. Same error message, but different cause.

Can you please send me a copy of your backup.nems file with a link to this thread? [email protected]

Robbie Ferguson // The Bald Nerd

Did I help you out? Appreciate what I do? Please consider saying thanks:
Robbie Ferguson
Posting Freak

Hi Greg,
Thank you for sending me your backup.nems file. Unfortunately it lacks the information I require in order to assess your issue.

When I designed NEMS Migrator, I wrote it specifically for that purpose... migration of data from one NEMS server to another. It has also proven helpful in times when I need quick access to user config information. That said, it was never built to be used for support... at least, that was not the intention.

Realizing this through your ticket, I have therefore created a new command: nems-support

Please see https://docs.nemslinux.com/commands/nems-support

If the command does not work on your system, it means you simply have not yet received the update. To force it, simply run: sudo nems-quickfix

I'll watch for your new file - thank you.

Robbie

Robbie Ferguson
Posting Freak

Hi Greg,
Thanks for the support.nems file.

According to this, you have not tried to generate config since yesterday evening. To rule out your having simply not received the patch yet, can you please try generating your config in NEMS Nconf now, and let me know if it still fails? And if yes, email me a new support.nems file (to include the attempt)?

Thanks!
Robbie

gpb500

Post by gpb500 »

Robbie, Just ran a generate/deploy and success!  I know I ran nems-update and nems-quickfix twice yesterday after it was live.  Not sure what the delay could have been but it now appears to be error-free.  Thanks!  :)

-- Greg
Robbie Ferguson
Posting Freak

So glad to hear it! It's possible github's CDN hadn't yet updated your node with the update - so last night's maintenance updates would have pulled in the fixes for you.

Glad you're all fixed up! There's still a bunch of missing checkcommands - I'm working on that and hopefully will be able to push out a fix without anyone having to think about it :)

Be well.

Robbie