NEMS for Pine A64+

Found something amiss in NEMS? Confirm first that you are running the latest version, and then post your bug report here.
Robbie Ferguson
Posting Freak

Re: NEMS for Pine A64+

Post by Robbie Ferguson »

I've released NEMS Linux 1.5.2 Build 1 for Pine64 A64/A64+. Please let me know if it resolves your issue(s), or if you encounter any other problems.
Robbie Ferguson
Posting Freak

MarshMan reports no video output on Build 1... which is fine (who plugs a head into a server anyways?) but just a quick mention. You'll probably need to find the IP address of your server by checking your DHCP pool.

So just note, if you connect a TV to your NEMS Server (not at all needed), it'll just be a blank screen. You need to connect to it by bringing up https://nems.local on your computer.
Marshman

Post by Marshman »

Tested new build v1.5.2 and was able to initialize. No hangups.
As Robbie stated, there is no output when monitor is directly attached to SBC. You can look at DHCP server to see what IP was given, run Angry IP or similar scanner to find IP.

Best regards,

MarshMan  NY, USA
Robbie Ferguson
Posting Freak

Yes, definitely. Though you should also be able to access it at simply nems.local or if you genuinely need the IP, ping nems.local should resolve it for you.

Not on your network though Marshman, since you have about a dozen (or more?) nems.local hosts :D haha!

Thanks for the update. Glad it initialized and is working well!
ty1911

Post by ty1911 »

Thanks for the quick fix and info on how to verify.
I am a total noob to this and it may take me a while to figure out if NEMS is working for me. I don’t have any experience with headless servers (I had mine connected to my TV), but I will still load it up and at least run it.

Thanks,
Alan
Robbie Ferguson
Posting Freak

NEMS Linux is entirely headless. You access it via your browser, not a connected TV.

Good luck, and have fun!

PS - The new build, while still not giving TV display, fixes the original issue and also adds a ton of new features that didn't exist in v1.5.

And now, back to work I go on getting 1.6 ready! :)