Monitoring VPSs Metrics using NEMS

Having issues? Post them here, and help other users.
solominer

Monitoring VPSs Metrics using NEMS

Post by solominer »

Hello, I have not downloaded or installed NEMS yet but did watch the Youtube video from late 2018 showing how to set it up. I did not see any mention how how to set up on the client side to monitor resources and services of a VPS. And in the documentation for NEMS I see there is nothing mentioned how to set up a host.

https://docs.nemslinux.com/adding_a_host

What I am looking to do is monitor about 5 Virtual Private servers on different providers around the internet. Checking their memory usage, service status's and other important details for keeping a VPS up and running. They all run Ubuntu so I am curious if NEMS supports monitoring of such. Watching the video it seems it just watches for a loss of ping with a server and notifies based on that. I was looking for more, making sure my system does not run out of memory, or disk space or to see how PM2 is handling processes. A big bonus would be a country of origin page that shows what IPs from other countries connected with my servers since I host images and videos for social media.

So NEMS would use a Nagios client installed on each Virtual Private Server to get such telemetry? The host part is confusing me on how NEMS supports monitoring of external servers out on the internet.
Last edited by solominer on Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:27 am, edited 1 time in total.