Set Static IP not working in Cockpit

Having issues? Post them here, and help other users.
waynedcam

Set Static IP not working in Cockpit

Post by waynedcam »

Hi all,

NEMS/Nagios Newbie here with a fresh install of NEMS 1.5.1 on Raspberry Pi (from an image downloaded from the NEMS site). Everything, for the most part seems to be working, except I cannot set a Static IP.

When I go to Cockpit and attempt to set a static IP for my eth0 connection, it attempts to test the connection (I can see the new IP address start working via ping) then the old address starts working again, and the page returns this message:
Disconnected
Server has closed the Connection
[Reconnect]
It is basically failing at step 11 below as I am never given the option to "Change the Setting":
Set a static IP Address in NEMS Linux

1. Open Cockpit.
2. Login. Use the default credentials if you have not initialized NEMS, or your created credentials if you have. Check the box “Reuse my password for privileged tasks”.
3. Click “Networking”.
4. Click the network interface (eg., eth0).
5. Ensure “Connect automatically” is checked.
6. Click the “Automatic (DHCP)” or IP address currently assigned to this NIC next to IPv4.
7. Ensure “Manual” is selected in the dropdown.
8. Add your new IP settings.
9. Make sure you click the + next to DNS settings and assign at least one DNS server. 8.8.8.8 will do.
10 Press “Apply” and wait for it to test the connection.
11. Click “Change the setting” after the test is complete.
12. You should now open your NEMS Dashboard at the new IP address. Within a few moments, the old one will stop working.
I have tried multiple available IP's on my network. Not sure what is going on, but if there is a way to do this from the command line, let me know. Changing dhcpcd.conf does not appear to do anything.

Any help would be appreciated.

Then, once I get that working, I am going to seek assistance in figuring out how to ONLY use the Wifi for the internet side (for sending notifications from gmail acct), and only use the wired for the monitoring side. In other words, even if the internet becomes unavailable on the wired side, NEMS would be able to use the Wireless connection (which is connected to a Verizon wifi hotspot) to send the email notifications.

Anyways, I appreciate any help I can get. Thanks

Wayne Campbell
waynedcam

Re: Set Static IP not working in Cockpit

Post by waynedcam »

OK.. found the answer myself. Had to set IPV6 to ignore before it would let me set a static on ipv4.