Cisco switches FAN monitoring (2950 catalysts)

Having issues? Post them here, and help other users.
rhbmcse

Cisco switches FAN monitoring (2950 catalysts)

Post by rhbmcse »

Hi folks as per title. I'm new to this. I have tried using the check_cisco_switch script and added in my SNMP community and ARGument 2 as "fan". It does nothing - no fan present which is untrue.

This command works for monitoring the PSU - I just enter argument ps and it finds it.

There doesn't seem to be any explanation that I can find as to what the check_cisco_switch "switches" are - for example, fan, cpu, etc.

Where do I find a list of the switches accepted for each of the provided commands? I don't see them in documentation.

I then tried to use the check_snmp command and browse for the OID using SNMP walk. What a disaster. All I could get was "No OIDs specified" but then again - there are no instructions on how to formulate the check_snmp command correctly within NEMS. "Multiple options - see command syntax" is as good as it gets. Where's the syntax for NEMS ?

Can anybody tell me the best way to discover how to monitor the fans in my 2950 and 3550 switches ??? I know there's OIDs, SNMP walks but none of what I've read is making any real sense. I can SNMP walk my switches but I don't understand the output or its format - surely there is a simple way to interrogate a switch find the OID and just stick it into check_snmp if i only know the correct format ???

Please help - frustrated!

Cheers in advance :)

Rob.