Migrating to 1.52

Having issues? Post them here, and help other users.
JatBee

Migrating to 1.52

Post by JatBee »

Just did a quick upgrade to 1.52

No errors, but I had defined new Host-Presets and a couple new O/S templates and those did not seem to move over. The hosts that referenced them got some defaults that did not result in a config that could be generated.

I don't know if that is expected behavior, and I just need to recreate them (tedious, time consuming, but not difficult), or if something slipped through the cracks. I cannot honestly say if I had seen that behavior in previous upgrades, as I had re-worked my config extensively at 1.5.

For what it is worth - TEMPer seemed to pop right up!

I'm on a pi3b+, upgrading from 1.51 to 1.52

Thanks for all you do!

Jim
Marshman

Re: Migrating to 1.52

Post by Marshman »

This upgrade required a reflash of the SD card and the use of Migrator to backup and restore the configuration. The TEMPer temperature and humidity check was the purpose of this update. It was supposed to be for v1.6 but Robbie wanted it out there sooner since 1.6 is still a couple or three months still out.
Best regards,

MarshMan  NY, USA
JatBee

Post by JatBee »

Yup. that is what i did. New SD - so fortunately I can still boot up the old one. Everything came over (as near as i can tell) except the items I mentioned.
JatBee

Post by JatBee »

So I have the temperature running in 1.5.1.

I'm kinda on hold for 1.5.2 because of the things that do not migrate over. A couple of them are kinda foundational, so they affect alot of other things. I'm not sure I get a TON of other benefit. I am sure I can reconstruct the things that don;t move, but at the moment, it does not seem like it is worth the time it would take to do. (the juice is not worth the squeeze).