IOS/Andriod app - Server Alarms - missing notifications

Having issues? Post them here, and help other users.
plawer

IOS/Andriod app - Server Alarms - missing notifications

Post by plawer »

I was looking for an IOS app as an alternative to the Telegram messages. I came across Server Alarms - Nagios Client which seems to give me a mobile interface to Nagios. An Android client also exists, but I have not tried it.
https://apps.apple.com/us/app/server-al ... 1202668166

It requires some installation described at https://github.com/asuknath/Nagios-Status-JSON
The nath_status.php was placed in /var/www/html/share/nagios_themes/nems-1.3/
The status.dat file path is set to /var/cache/nagios/status.dat

I have followed the instructions and all works except the notifications. The misccommands are set up with the group key.

/usr/local/nagios/libexec/ServerAlarmNotify.php $HOSTNAME$ XXXXX HOST $HOSTSTATE$

Since NEMS is deviating a little from a standard nagios install, does anyone have any suggestions to address this issue?
JohnAkers

Re: IOS/Andriod app - Server Alarms - missing notifications

Post by JohnAkers »

Hey,
I am having the same issue too, I am new to Apple products and am trying to grasp how everything works in this iOs world. Since I am a newbie, I am finding it difficult to comprehend the complexities of iOs app development. They sure are not easy, and now I get why they say that iOs is the strongest program out there. It is the best.
DonStyles

Post by DonStyles »

I'm pretty sure there is a thread on github about this issue.
DonStyles

Post by DonStyles »

Well, I just googled to find this thread and couldn't find it. But there are some interesting threads on the official website of this app. Some users asked about the notifications of the app, its codes, and how to fix the missing notifications. I remember that sometimes a similar problem happened to me when I was making my own apps without knowing any codes. But it mostly depends on the app builder software you use. So, I eventually found the app maker download page and got familiar with the alternative software to make apps without coding knowledge. And it was a good experience for me because I was building different apps without any issues.