Monitoring Switches

Having issues? Post them here, and help other users.
nexusguy59

Monitoring Switches

Post by nexusguy59 »

Hello Guys,

I am pretty familiar with Nagios Core 4, Not very familiar with NCONF all though I have used it in the past and have a a little bit of experience. I would like to know if there is a guide/tutorial for adding SNMP Check to NCONF and configuring it to work with NEMS?

Thank you in advance for your help.
Michael/Nexusguy59
Robbie Ferguson
Posting Freak

Re: Monitoring Switches

Post by Robbie Ferguson »

Hi Michael, and welcome to NEMS Linux!

SNMP is something that is fully supported, but not yet documented. I might suggest you jump on the NEMS Linux Discord Server and ask the community there, since I happen to know I've seen folks there talking about SNMP who know what they're doing.

Of course, the docs evolve and grow, and one day this will be a fully-documented feature, but unless I receive a contribution from the community for the docs, it means writing them myself... which is a bit down on my priority list until after NEMS Linux 1.6 releases. So while I apologize for not having the appropriate help in place for you, know that SNMP is fully supported, and I'll do my best to document it as soon as I can.

Cheers!
nexusguy59

Post by nexusguy59 »

Hello Robbie,

Let me figure this out and I will do some documentation for you. Not a problem, I love to help where I can. I do a lot of testing installing and destorying to learn.

I have a pretty nice setup here, small datacenter of sorts.

I'll let ya know when I am ready to give up some documentation on SNMP Monitoring.

Thanks for all you do, I am really enjoying this.
Robbie Ferguson
Posting Freak

Post by Robbie Ferguson »

Thanks so much! Yes, that'd be amazing to have some user contributions for SNMP docs, and would be a big help.

I also welcome (and covet) pictures of cool setups :) Hint, hint!

Have fun!

Cheers,
Robbie
nexusguy59

Post by nexusguy59 »

That I can do I have 2 raspberry pi clusters I will upload pics and share what I am doing with them. Docker is a wonderful tool just sayin......