New Setup Problem monitoring windows services connection refused on port 12489

Having issues? Post them here, and help other users.
mleger80

New Setup Problem monitoring windows services connection refused on port 12489

Post by mleger80 »

NEMS Linux For Virtual Machine 1.5 , Core 4.4

Not sure what is wrong with my config, but i have some service monitoring in place for all the windows servers and im getting the following error.

connect to address x.x.x.x and port 12489: Connection refused

I tried opening up local firewall ports 12489 (tcp & udp) but it has not worked

other monitoring software i've tried in the past would normally require me to enter in credentials; however i do not see that option here.

can someone point me in the right direction?
Last edited by mleger80 on Fri Dec 20, 2019 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
shedger

RE: New Setup Problem monitoring windows services connection refused on port 12489

Post by shedger »

Hi, did you get a resolution to this one as we have the same issue on a new deployment.
shedger

RE: New Setup Problem monitoring windows services connection refused on port 12489

Post by shedger »

Hi

Try installing nsclient++ worked for after a bit of digging around.

Stu
Emil

Re: New Setup Problem monitoring windows services connection refused on port 12489

Post by Emil »

There are different ways through which you can fix this error. Like you can contact your hosting provider to see why your SSH service isn’t working. Maybe all of you will find more details about this topic on https://mobilunity.com/blog/hire-application-support-engineer-in-ukraine/ now. For localhost or dedicated servers, you need to utilize the command sudo service ssh restart to try to get it in an operational state once again. In case it doesn't work then you can try to disable the Firewall rules then which can also help you in getting this error to be fixed as well.