Fantastic way to learn

Share your praise for NEMS here.
SpoddyCoder

Fantastic way to learn

Post by SpoddyCoder »

Just wanted to say what a fantastic thing this is!

Complete noob to Nagios - decided setting it up on a Pi would be a useful way to learn. Initial googles lead me here & after a couple of evening's tinkering - I'm up and running! Monitoring a few internal devices / Pi's + a web server carrying a few sites on AWS :) Can see the many opportunities for much more monitoring goodness...

Took a while to get upto speed with the differences between the NEMS install compared to a standard install documented all over the internet - but after you learn the directory location differences, everything started to fall into place.

Great stuff dude - keep up the good work!
Last edited by SpoddyCoder on Fri Aug 03, 2018 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Robbie Ferguson
Posting Freak

RE: Fantastic way to learn

Post by Robbie Ferguson »

Wonderful! Thanks for the feedback! Glad you're enjoying NEMS Linux.

PS - you should not have to touch "directories" - everything on NEMS is controlled by the UI (in your browser). Modifying configs manually will only cause you tears since you'll lose settings (your configs won't match the database and will be overwritten). Please review the docs and also watch the recent video tutorial in the "In The News" section of the NEMS web site, and let me know if you need any help understanding how NEMS is different from Nagios.

Cheers,
Robbie
Robbie Ferguson // The Bald Nerd

Did I help you out? Appreciate what I do? Please consider saying thanks: