Adding check_mssql addon to checks

Having issues? Post them here, and help other users.
[email protected]

Adding check_mssql addon to checks

Post by [email protected] »

I would like to monitor SQL specific metrics I found this

https://labs.consol.de/nagios/check_mss ... parameters

Can I just follow the install? 

Stephen
Robbie Ferguson
Posting Freak

RE: Adding check_mssql addon to checks

Post by Robbie Ferguson »

No. That install is for Nagios, not NEMS. You'd be better submitting either a PR, or if you are not sure how to do that, just post it as a feature request.
Robbie Ferguson // The Bald Nerd

Did I help you out? Appreciate what I do? Please consider saying thanks:
[email protected]

Post by [email protected] »

Hi Robbie,

Thanks for your reply, I assume the same goes for check MSSQL Server Centric Status(link below)? I noted that this is plugin is compatible with Nagios 3.x ?

AS you have probabily guest I am trying to see if Nems can be used to monitor MS SQL at all.

Check MSSQL Server Centric Status?

Thanks in advance
Stephen
Robbie Ferguson
Posting Freak

Post by Robbie Ferguson »

Haha, why not put it in as a feature request then? NEMS 1.5 will specifically be for this purpose. Changelog says "New plugins and check_commands integrated based on community requests." So now is a great time to do it.

No, Nagios plugin installations cannot be done by traditional means on NEMS. For now, generally, it means you have to put in a feature request and wait for me to add it for you. I try to be reasonably quick and provide good support, but I prefer to see it done correctly.

Understand that NEMS, while having Nagios at its core, is not just "Nagios on Debian". NEMS Linux is a whole other breed of Nagios server.

I have not yet given any thought to making plugins user-installable. I may. But not anytime soon. For now, best to go through me and then if you say "I want NEMS to monitor MSSQL" you'll eventually see that it does, and it's fully supported.

I'm still working hard on NEMS 1.4.x, but pretty soon will be moving to NEMS 1.5. I'm not yet sure when it will be released (probably Q4) but I can make sure MSSQL is part of it.
Robbie Ferguson // The Bald Nerd

Did I help you out? Appreciate what I do? Please consider saying thanks: