NEMS TV Dashboard issue

Found something amiss in NEMS? Confirm first that you are running the latest version, and then post your bug report here.
ipa

NEMS TV Dashboard issue

Post by ipa »

A few days ago I installed NEMS Linux (current version 1.5.1) on RPi 3B+ and added one Linux device and one Windows PC in the configuration. Added 2 services to monitor free space on 2 disks (C and D) on this Windows PC, set warning to 80% and critical to 90% for both.
Everything is working fine, TV Dashboard is showing everything green (12/12 Services), but if the free space on disk D is over 90%, the TV Dashboard does not show one service in red, but switches to show only 11 Services 11/11 green). I suppose this is not the desired functionality. I would expect it to show me one service in red and 11/12 green. In the Adagios overview is everything as expected - one service red and 11 green.
Am I missing anything here or is it a bug?

Thank you!
Last edited by ipa on Wed Jan 01, 2020 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Robbie Ferguson
Posting Freak

Re: NEMS TV Dashboard issue

Post by Robbie Ferguson »

I'd have to review your configuration, but sounds like you haven't setup notifications the way you want. When the drive hits 90%, Adagios will show the current state since it is realtime output from Nagios. NEMS TV Dashboard, by contrast, displays information based upon notifications. So if you have a check that is set to send a notification after 6 hours of downtime, Adagios will show it as down 6 hours before NEMS TV Dashboard will.

You can also check your settings in NEMS SST to configure NEMS TV Dashboard to operate more like a realtime monitor, which sounds to me like what you're looking for.

The coming NEMS Linux 1.6 also includes a realtime tactical view.