WMI Connection Failing to Windows 10

Having issues? Post them here, and help other users.
bwanapc

WMI Connection Failing to Windows 10

Post by bwanapc »

NEMS Platform     : Raspberry Pi 4
NEMS Linux version: 4.19.66-v71+
NEMS Version      : 1.5.1

Brand new RPI setup

I tried setting up one check using check_win_cpu to WMI

I can connect to the Windows10 machine from another Windows computer using WBEMTEST. I can run queries in WBEMTEST using the username and password entered in the NEMS System Settings Tool.

The error message showing in Adagios is

[[u'CPU', 3, 1, u'UNKNOWN - The WMI query had problems. The error text from wmic is: [/tmp/nems-wmic/wmi/wmic.c:196:main()] ERROR: Login to remote object.']] 

So I ran check_wmi_plus.pl to see if I could get any more information this is the result - I did have the correct UName and Password

/usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_wmi_plus.pl -H 172.31.31.3 -u <username> -p <password> -m checkcpu -d
Command Line (v1.64): /usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_wmi_plus.pl -H 172.31.31.3 -u USER -p PASS -m checkcpu -d
Base Dir: /usr/local/nagios/libexec/
Conf File Dir: /etc/check_wmi_plus
Loaded Conf File /etc/check_wmi_plus/check_wmi_plus.conf
WMI Ini Dir: /etc/check_wmi_plus/check_wmi_plus.d
Starting Keep State Mode
STATE FILE: /tmp/cwpss_checkcpu__17231313___.state
Round #1 of 1
QUERY: /usr/local/bin/wmic '-U' 'USER%PASS' '--namespace' 'root/cimv2' '//172.31.31.3' 'select PercentProcessorTime,Timestamp_Sys100NS from Win32_PerfRawData_PerfOS_Processor where Name="_Total"'
OUTPUT: [/tmp/nems-wmic/wmi/wmic.c:196:main()] ERROR: Login to remote object.
NTSTATUS: NT code 0x80010111 - NT code 0x80010111

Could not find the CLASS: line - an error occurred
WMI DATA:$VAR1 = undef;
UNKNOWN - The WMI query had problems. The error text from wmic is: [/tmp/nems-wmic/wmi/wmic.c:196:main()] ERROR: Login to remote object.
NTSTATUS: NT code 0x80010111 - NT code 0x80010111

I've sloshed the site around looking for a step by step configuration for NEMS and Windows. It seems like that should be the most basic of helps files. Is there anywhere that has all the steps to add a least one Windows client? Steps in NEMS and, critically, in Windows?
I'm trying to get a way from Nagios and it's arcane witchcraft, but the only troubleshooting I've found for WMI is on the Nagios site.

If I need to use NSClient that's fine too, is there a concise how to for getting NSClient and NEMS to converse? What to do in NEMS and What to do in Windows?
HeikoAdams

RE: WMI Connection Failing to Windows 10

Post by HeikoAdams »

NEMS is missing the configuration files for the check_wmi_plus plugin. You need to download the version 1.64 package from the vendor page and copy the *.ini files to  /etc/check_wmi_plus/check_wmi_plus.d
Last edited by HeikoAdams on Fri Jan 31, 2020 2:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Heiko Adams
IT-Administration/-Security

flyerwire GmbH
Rosenauer Straße 33
D-96487 Dörfles-Esbach
tel:  (+49) 09561 7948 62
fax:  (+49) 09561 7948 29
fb:  www.facebook.com/flyerwire
web:  www.flyerwire.com
jobs: http://www.flyerwire.com/wirueberuns-jobs.html