E-Mail Notifications - Not Working

Having issues? Post them here, and help other users.
TripleD

E-Mail Notifications - Not Working

Post by TripleD »

Good Day.
I am new and have just installed NEMS.  I am not able to get most e-mail notifications.  I reviewed the forums for similar issues.  Verified my configuration based on each similar issue.  But no resolution.

I have NEMS 1.5.1 installed on a Raspberry Pi 4 / 4GB / 64GB SD Card.  I have updated both the Pi4 and NEMS software to the current versions.  Not sure where the Build Number is.

I have tested my email with:

sudonems-mailtest youremail@yourdomain.com

and it worked fine.

I added a host, ensured the configuration was correct, generated and deploy the new config, but when I took the PMS offline, no emails.  When I acknowledged the problem via Adagios, I get an e-mail on the acknowledgment.

I have made sure to save and generate a new config file and to deploy.

I have not been able to get any service notifications from NEMS.  Specifically, internet speed warnings or critical emails.

I have verified the contact data and user data.  I have verified user is in the admins group.

I also verified my setup/configuration via Robbie’s YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gndftWgmBtw (568-Monitoring Your Digital Assets with NEMS Linux).

Any help is appreciated.  Thanks in advance.
TripleD

RE: E-Mail Notifications - Not Working

Post by TripleD »

Ok, after some serious checking, I think I located "part" of the problem.  In the Service: Internet Speed Test, I did not have the Notifications Period set to 24x7.  I made the change to reflect 24x7.  I made this change in both the NEMS and PMS Services for Internet Speed Test. 

I now get email notifications from the NEMS Service: Internet Speed Test, but no email notifications from the PMS Service: Internet Speed Test.

Now I am stumped.  

Why does one service work and the other does not?

Thanks in advance for any insight into this problem.
TripleD

RE: E-Mail Notifications - Not Working

Post by TripleD »

Well, I suddenly started getting INternet Speed warning and critical email notifications last night.  Then last night after 9pm, the notifications stop.  Yet the Adagois Logs show Internet Speed Test alerts.  There has been no change in the system's configuration.  I reviewed the logs in Adagios this morning, and it shows multiple warning and critical events occurring early this morning - but no email notifications have been sent.

Any thoughts on possible areas to check?

Or, am I looking at reinstalling NEMS?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.
cybertom

Re: E-Mail Notifications - Not Working

Post by cybertom »

Hi TripleD

I am facing exactly the same issue. Have you found a solution for this?

Thanks for your answer.

Best regards,
Tom